Cleaning House, Literally and Figuratively

I'm staring at this blank page, wondering what to possibly write. It's been so long - and so much has happened in the last two years (really, four years since I posted anything regularly) that I don't even know where to begin. We bought two businesses and sold one - Matt's had 3 jobs and is finally somewhere excellent and stable - Evie's in high school, William's a teenager, and Sarah and Jason are like an old married couple - they crack me up DAILY. I drink too much wine and have the extra padding to show for it, but my doctor complimented me last week on my excellent lung capacity and low blood pressure, so I've got that going for me! 😃 And look at that - blogger has emojis now - that's excellent because I use them all the time!

2016 was a wild ride, no? I'm still gobsmacked that Donald J Trump is the President of our United States. A year ago I would have thought it was a joke. Six months ago I thought there was no way the people in charge of it all (because you know it's not We the People...) would ever let anyone other Hillary Clinton win. I stayed up all night November 8th watching returns come in because I couldn't actually believe he pulled it off - but here we are! Time will tell what the next four years will bring, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

So 2017 is here, and we're off to a good start at the House of Harried Mom. The Grand Purge of Stuff is under way, and it feels SO GOOD to clear out the clutter. A long way to go, but we've made a good start. I'm making a serious effort to feed my people cleaner - less packaged, more whole foods, and to get my exercise in every day. If you can't change the world, change yourself - right? I'm determined to get my head out of the sand and actually make progress on all the stuff I need and want to do, rather than burying my nose in a book and ignoring the things that need attention. Goes against my procrastinating nature, but I'm going to give it a shot. Last night Jason was rattling off the things he's looking forward to this summer, and pretty much all of them with the exception of going to the beach (omg I miss the beach, it's been too long!!!) were things we did last summer, so I guess I'm doing something right. It's hard to know, with this mom thing....

Since I always feel like I need a picture with a post, I'll leave you for now with this - our Texas sunset from last night. Four years in and no regrets - I love Texas.







Comments

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome :) Leave one!

Popular Posts