This beautiful Sunday has been perfect for....

A chilly run through an empty town this morning

Pumpkin lattes from Starbucks Thank you Matt!

A thought-provoking sermon that makes me want to get rid of all the 'stuff' in my house that is cluttering up my mind and our space

Chicken and dumplings simmering on the stove

Blowing bubbles

Swinging with a friend

Making tombstones

And catching up on blogging!

It's been a crazy week, I'm not sure where the time went (it's not like I cleaned the house or anything!) Jason, at 23 months old, has figured out how to climb out of his crib. This started Thursday evening when low and behold, there he was out of his room - little stinker can open doors too. He's been pretty good about staying in bed at nighttime, but he's climbing out at least once at nap time. I was hoping to keep him in a crib until the spring when we'd get furniture for the boys to share (William's long-awaited bunk beds), but I also don't want him to get hurt climbing out. This is adding another dimension to my day, that of sitting outside his room for a few minutes to make sure he stays in bed. In spite of that, and the fact that Evie had a fever & was home from school Friday, I did manage to actually FINISH a project! And sew a zipper in my ridiculously close fitting witch costume for Halloween - I swear that thing was like a straight jacket that only a contortionist would be able to get on and off with any kind of ease - I, however, am unable to dislocate my shoulders at will - hence, the zipper. So. Here's a sneak peek at the project I finished, I'm going to make you come back Tuesday to see the whole thing :)


Enjoy what's left of the weekend!

Comments

  1. Sounds like a perfect Sunday! Love the pictures and cannot wait to see what project you have done :) Hope Evie is feeling better! Madison is sick sick sick.... Poor girl is a fever running boogey dripping mess. All she wants is to be held and I have been more than happy to comply.... It allows me to avoid all the chores I MUST complete! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great Sunday to me- cold & rainy here- I took a nap!! Heaven!!!

    ~Becca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it going to be a wreath?

    Love the picture of him swinging with his little friend!

    I so ran through our deserted little town yesterday morning (sunday). To bad we don't live closer and we could have run together!

    and I'm jealous that you live close to a starbucks. our closest one is 1 and 1/2 hours away. It's so sad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although I love pumpkin lattes, yesterday I discovered pumpkin beer and it is yummy! Can't wait to see your full costume.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did Matt run into Nick at Starbucks yesterday? Finally had my first pumpkin latte of the season!!!!!! sooo good.....

    love your hubby making tombstones...

    I missed mass yesterday...could have used it that is for sure!

    all my kids are home today and I already want to kill them...why cant I blog and drink my coffee in peace?????????? IS that too much to ask??????

    my kids have no costumes yet...there is talk of a pumpkin, tin man, and haunted ballerina...

    someone is at my door whispering right now...ugh...LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see your costume tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome :) Leave one!

Popular Posts