William turned 8 on Friday! He's been looking forward to this day for quite a while now. Actually, all the kids have birthday lists posted on the fridge, even though William's comes first and the others have at least another month to wait. William's list stayed the same for a little while, and included the following:
1) Mazing Hamster (Webkinz)
2) Another DS game
3) Another Wii, PS & Xbox game (nothing specific, he'd just like something new)
4) A pet cat
5) Money!!!! Specifically, a $50 bill - he had a line drawn to this, which was item #13
6) A math book, grade 6. William just started 2nd grade :)
7) A Medel Deteckter (his spelling)
8) A super sonic nerf water gun
9) Gold (yes - gold)
10) Anything!!!!! (this one should be EASY!!!)
11) Marble track pieces. (He hasn't played with his marble track in years)
12) A pet lamb (a real one, that would graze in our yard - and provide wool, I guess??)
13) See #5 above :)
14) A DS protector. No specifics here, apparently his cousin had one.
15) A Webkinz Signature cat. I think he already has one of these.
16) Slinky. William loves slinkies. They do not love him.
17) A Pillow Pet Sheep
18) A stuffed Webkinz lamb. You can never have too many stuffed sheep.
19) A checkers cake
21) Pokemon Black and White Game
22) a $500 bill (?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!)
Every time I read this, it makes me laugh :) Gold! Money! $500 bill! At least one of my kids appreciates the value of a dollar. William is actually very good with his money, he saves his allowance and last month he wanted to take some of his money to the bank, so that's what we did. If he keeps this up, he'll have a nice little nest egg by the time he turns 18!Anyway - William's favorite color is now gold - or yellow will do as well - so I did my best to glitter up his birthday :)
Thanks to all these cake decorating shows, you can now get lots of stuff at your local craft store, like edible gold glitter and powder for cake decorating....
I wrapped all his gifts in yellow paper and added gold bows....
I think he liked it :)
For a while now I've been insisting that my kids aren't like yours, and that for some reason that escapes me, my situation is differ...
When you rededicate a closet to be a laundry room, you seriously cut down on the amount of storage space that you have. In January when we c...
Cleaning, planning, and journaling - who am I kidding? I hate all those things. Except maybe planning.Hey look - I've managed to write TWO posts in the SAME YEAR! Will wonders never cease? I don't know if you've noticed or not, ...