A post with no title is still a post. right?



Ollo 2015! Yes I know it started a week ago, but I've been doing things, and stuff. Please bear (bare? I think it's bear (and I had to look it up to make sure - definitely 'bear') with me, there will probably be a fair amount of pop culture references in this one.
So my kids finally went back to school on Tuesday, after being off since December 19. That's DECEMBER 19TH people. It was a bit of an adjustment, to say the least. No more staying up until all hours of the night and staying in pajamas all day - we have stuff and things to do and learn!

I think it was about 16 degrees or so this morning. Did I mention that we moved to Texas 18 months ago? I really, really never expected this kind of cold when we talked about relocating. Sure, we looked at average temps, but I guess I didn't pay much attention to lows, thinking they were outliers. Yesterday Matt turned down the heat at night to 64 to try and conserve propane, and we're running 66 during the day. Got my fleece hoodie on, as well as socks (which I hate wearing!), and scarf :) I have plenty of hair to keep my head warm, but I have seen Matt sporting a House Hat.... brrrrr!
 
Sarah and Jason both received ipod touches from Santa this year, and it's been a hoot to watch them text each other (and me!) and learn how to navigate technology (no more fighting over my phone! and I can delete all their games!) - I think Sarah has an alarm set for almost every activity you could think of (wake up - feed the fish - go to school - computer time - brush teeth - read...etc.) Of course, the alarms go off randomly around the house during the school day and I have to go shut them off.....

What else?? I have no idea. I fight a daily battle to stay out of the wine. My issue really isn't so much food, we eat pretty healthy, and unless there are fresh baked goods that must be consumed (by me) before they go stale, I'm good - but I do love me a fermented grape. And the more fermented grape you consume, the more your tolerance for them increases. Along with the size of your - pretty much everything, unfortunately. But it's a new year, and I'm making an effort to take back control of things I've just let slide. Exercise will be a priority, posting here (since it's the only place I write anything down) and - well, pretty much everything I've been ignoring while I've had my head in the sand.(although I'm beginning to see why I stopped doing this, it takes TIME! Oy.) We've done some fun projects in this house that I have pictures of & will share at some point, but many, many more rattling around in my brain, waiting for time and fund-age to turn into a reality. I think I make Matt crazy with the constant remodeling-in-my-head that I must share with him, but I think I'd go crazy without having those changes to look forward to. We'll get there, I'm confident of that. Carpe Diem.


Comments

  1. First to post on the first blog in 2015! Glad to see you're back at it! And I must note that the blog link immediately next to this comment box has the word "tater" in it... I like sticks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, that you're back! I feel you on the fund-age for projects, wine adding to the waistline, and the difficulty of getting back in "the swing" after Christmas break. Happy 2015! Cheers to lots of completed DIY jobs(looking forward to seeing pics of the ones you already did)...off to find a glass of wine with which to toast....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome :) Leave one!

Popular Posts