Flip Flopping


Not quite a month ago, my friend Becca @ The Texas Darlings organized a flip flip exchange for bloggers and their kids too! This is the second summer she's done this - last year I didn't participate but after seeing all the cute things people exchanged, I wanted in.

First I'll say this - do you have ANY idea how hard it is to pick out flip flops for another person? There are SO many out there to choose from! Anyway - the kids and I managed to pick some out, and off our packages went, and we waited for ours to arrive.

Evie's came first! She was matched up with ChellBell, Christie's daughter from Pop Rocks for Breakfast. They're both 8-1/2 and after reading each other's letters, it sounds like they have a lot in common! Evie is so excited to have a pen pal now, and was thrilled with her sparkly flips, fun sidewalk chalk, and ice pop makers - sent in honor of Texas's HEAT!

William's arrived next - he was matched up with Brody, Becca's son. William LOVES his new camo flip flops and Texas-sized box of NERDS! We also have a quiz on Texas to complete and return for something else as well. William got a kick out of reading Brody's note, and is excited to have a new friend in Texas, just like Evie :)

I was matched up with Niki from It's Just Us. Niki picked out the perfect flips for me, I love the little dangles on them (I actually think the ones I sent her had dangly stuff too!) , and I also received a pewter Armadillo key chain and pretty magnet with wildflowers on it. Jason loved the Mickey Mouse note card she sent along with it - he's all about the mouse :)

So that's it! We're all set for summer with our new flips, and new friends to write to about our adventures. Having a pen pal will be perfect for the kids, as I'm really trying hard to come up with things for Evie and William to do instead of spending all their free time staring at the idiot box. Happily I've discovered that William and Evie love word searches, so they each have their own book to work on at nap time, and I've just decided I'm going to make Evie write on her blog once a week - I think she's done maybe 5 posts since she started it last summer!

Have a happy 4th! I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my hubby home from Korea (2am Friday morning!) and we have a fun weekend planned with my sister and her family, traveling down from Pittsburgh - the weather looks beautiful, I just hope we don't set our dry lawn on fire with sparklers and rockets :) Although that would make for a good blog post.

Comments

  1. That is so cool! I had no clue about this...I want to do something for the boys like this, I bet they would love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! My kids would love something like that, too. Happy Independence Day and REUNION with Hubby, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this idea! I want in on a flip flop swap one of these days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! those are cute flip flops! I just loved this. My kids thought it was the coolest thing ever!

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of this! How neat. I'd love to do it. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun trade! I have to admit, I'm super picky about shoes (including flip flops) but I love that you could include the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is the neatest exchange. I hadn't heard of it before. Love it. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What's up with the chinese comment??

    I love the flip flops you got, this is a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just realized that all your flip flops came from Texas!!!!! :)))

    Thanks for joining in all the fun!

    ~Becca

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so fun! I love swapping things!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome :) Leave one!

Popular Posts