Ramblings, and a request

Sometimes I sit down here to type something up and the words just flow and the story comes easily from my head to the keyboard. Others? I've got nothing other than a sense of obligation to get SOMETHING out there for the kind people who actually click over here daily to see if perhaps I have anything interesting to say (otherwise, why would you bother, right?)

Today is one of the days where I really don't have much of anything. I keep getting distracted by the playlist I've got running in the background :) I'm trying to come up with something to listen to while running other than the soundtracks to the Twilight movies - because while I like most of the music, it's getting a little repetitive. And I have who knows how many HOURS of music on my ipod, surely I can come up with something else to listen to (I told you I had nothing to say today...)

Anyway - it was HOT this weekend! Yes, I know I've been going on and on about it. The real kicker was when I got up this morning to meet my neighbor at 6:30 am to run and discovered it was 82 degrees. 6:30 in the morning people, and 82 degrees. Let's just say it was a really sucky run - 7 miles of sucky - Michelle, THANK you, if you hadn't been there I probably would have turned around at 1 mile and gone back to the house. Happily, we had a crazy windy storm blow through here around 3 this afternoon - the temperature dropped into the low 70's in less than an hour - and it cooled things off a bit. I am afraid to open the electric bill for July when it comes because I may keel over of a coronary.

In other news, Matt has me frightened of turning 40. My poor HH did something to his knee playing soccer Thursday night and things are not improving. We're hoping he did not actually hear a 'pop' at the game & that he will not need surgery. This is just a nice complement to the possibly herniated disc in his neck. He seemed to be fine and in good health up to 40, but it seems like things start to fall apart after that!

Anyway - here's the request part of today's post: Matt is a big fan of the show Mad Men (surely you've heard of it?) Well Mad Men is teaming up with Banana Republic for a contest where you can win a walk-on role for a season 5 episode. It's basically a popularity contest & then they take the top 10 men and top 10 women and vote it down from there to finalists who are then chosen by producers or something - long story short, click on his pic below and vote! Vote early and vote often! Really - you seem to be able to vote more than once, although maybe not at the same time. I also have the link at the top right corner here, so vote every time you stop by! Voting is open until early September.

Click me! Click me!
Who needs Don Draper when you can have Handsome Hubby?

And now for some more of the insanity that is the life of the at-home mom. Sorry for the iphone pics, but a lot of the time the camera is in the other room while my phone is, if not in my hand, close by (imagine that!) Note to self, make more of an effort with pics on the blog...

Sarah, circa December 2009
Just found this, still love it :)

I call this Butterfly Cowgirl in Sparkly Shoes.
Note the laundry for 6 in progress in the background.
Ignore the bag of bags on the floor.

Sarah riding her 'horse'. I'm pretty sure this was Evie's idea.
Yes, Evie is wearing the saddle from her toy horse.
I'm wondering when she will outgrow stuff like this.

And finally: Saturday morning it was SO hot (high of over 100) that we sent Dad off to the swim meet with Evie while I stayed home in pjs with the little ones - Sarah entertained me with a puppet show, and then Jason had to get in on it too. Sometimes I love my life :)


Comments

  1. Please don't tell me that I'm going to fall apart when I turn 40!

    Matt would be perfect on that show! I'm going to get my readers to vote too.

    Can you send me the code you used for the picture link?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I voted for Matt! I also Tweeted it! I think he would be perfect!

    The vids of the little kiddos are adorable!! I could just squeeze them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm, hello?? SEVEN miles? In the heat? That deserved a post of it's own! You rock :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh girl, I almost passed out and hit my head on the floor just thinking about running in the heat like that.
    Oh, who am I kidding. Running in general kills me.
    Also.
    I'm going to vote for HH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy smokes running in that heat is seriously unthinkable! I bought a bike, carseat for Aliya & a trailer for Amira & Z and I have been biking with the girls for an hour to an hour 1/2 every evening. It's been in the mid 90's so I wait till around 7:30 or so. I get the girls bathed & all jammied up & then take them. The breeze is awesome & the girls get all nice & relaxed before they go to bed. I have to say that pulling an extra 100 lbs is making for a great workout. Hope I finally lose some weight! ha!
    I voted for Matt. I'll keep voting too, how fun & exciting. I hope he gets it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Mad Men! I voted :) I hear you about the hot! I am so not used to this humidity. Yesterday I thought I was going to DIE. It was 97 and 90 % humidity. I was dripping sweat all day long. And my face is breaking out. It's lovely.

    You are a superstar for running 7 miles. That is amazing!!!

    I hope Matt's knee gets better soon!

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know how you do it- run in the heat. I can't stand the heat. All I want to do is eat popsicles! 82 at 6:30 is insane. It probably got in the mid 90's today. I cut the grass at dusk tonight and could hardly see when I was finishing up (but I wasn't burning up in the heat!). Should be interesting to see what my yard looks like tomorrow.

    I will vote for Matt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I voted today and will be back to vote more. Ugh, good for you for running in this weather. All I'm doing in this heat is complaining (I'm pretty good at it). More great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sooo impressed you go running - and doubly impressed with the temp! What conviction! I haven't been to exercise class since vacation! School starts in 2 weeks and then I'll be there 4 x a week. So I'll try not to feel guilty! I do better when I have someone to exercise with.

    I miss the days when my littles would wake and show up in the kitchen as a leopard, a hobbit, darth vador or a bee or Puss in Boots from Shrek or Legolas from Lord of the Rings. And he would be that for a while. When he turned 9, he suddenly became himself everyday! Sigh! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't even like to walk in the heat ;) Your kiddos are seriously the cutest ever, Jen! Love the pics, love the vids. I'm off to vote for Matt :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome :) Leave one!

Popular Posts