Friday Daydreaming - or is it a nightmare? - Spring Break 2012


I need to get my act together. I'm using my kids as an excuse not to get things done around here, and really? it's not a very good one. I'm trying to distract myself from the fact that I've been bogged down in daydreaming about my kitchen - which we're remodeling - finally! - and trying to make plans for that, as well as figure out what I'm going to do with my four children for the week of spring break while we have our wood floors sanded/stained/finished. Because we have wood floors all over the main level, on the stairs, and in the upstairs hallway. And you have to essentially move out of your house for the week while they do all that. So! Here's my plan:


 We're headed to Williamsburg, VA! I'm leaving Matt behind at the house to manage as best he can for a few nights while I take the four kids away from it all by myself. Scary! No, it'll be fine. (Right? It will be fine?) Happily, these days there are hotels that have suites with kitchens in them that will fit the 5 (6 once Matt joins us on Friday) of us perfectly comfortably for a few nights. I LOVE THAT. We'll be at the Marriott Residence Inn....

2 bedroom suite! Matt and I get our own room, with a king! There's a fireplace, and a full kitchen!

 for 5 nights while we wait for our floors to dry, and I'll be keeping the kids busy doing things like:
Ripley's, Williamburg












Pirate's Cove Mini Golf


I'll take the kids bowling, and maybe to a movie, and we'll see what else is there that I can manage by myself - the four of them, at 10, 8, 5 and 4 are mostly manageable, but they can become a handful at times for just one parent; I'm kind of glad the hotel does NOT have an indoor pool, as that will eliminate a lot of hassle and angst on my part (is that wrong?). Once Matt arrives, I'm sure we'll do Colonial Williamsburg - can't wait to eat at Christiana Campbell's Tavern!!!!


And we're going to try to go to King's Dominion. Opening day is in early April!



I have really great memories of Williamsburg from when I was about 8 years old; Matt and I went back for my 30th birthday. I'm looking forward to sharing it with my kids now that they're old enough to remember it :)

Linking up with R We There Yet Mom - click on the pic for some more great ideas :)

Comments

  1. That sounds like a FUN Spring Break! I would LOVE to go to Colonial Williamsburg so please take LOTS of great pictures so I can live vicariously through you!!!

    Thanks for linking up today!!

    ~Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to go to Colonial Williamsburg - I've been wondering if it's ok as a spring break destination. Suites hotels are a great idea when traveling with kids - you will so appreciate being able to get up and have breakfast without leaving the room and it allows everyone to go to bed at different times instead of sitting in the dark waiting for little ones to drift off. Have a great break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like an ideal way to spend Spring Break to me. We were hoping to get to Kings Dominion this spring too, but unfortunately we're there in March, so maybe next time. Enjoy your time away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always wanted to go to Colonial Williamsburg. My hub was forced to go to DC with his first wife and her family... he's not wanting to go back relive those bad memories. I think I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun trip! Your kids are about the same age as mine, so I understand the trepidation. Sometimes I'll still have talk myself into taking them all to the store. I'm sure that you will do fine and make wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, that looks fun! Not a nightmare. haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. You will have so much fun! I'm a little jealous. It makes me want to get a new kitchen and new floors so I can take a break and stay in a hotel like that!!!

    Take lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos! This looks like such a great place to visit. We're hoping to make a trip to DC this summer. These are great side trip ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Because we live in VA, I seem to forget all the awesome places we have right in our own state! You're going to do great with the kiddos. I think sometimes kids realize the limits when there is only one parent around. Sounds like a fabulous way to spend the break.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You remember the time we took you to Christiana Campbell's Tavern? We had a great dinner there many, many years ago. I'd love to go there again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome :) Leave one!

Popular Posts