Coffee Talk...or random thoughts so far today...

I'm sitting here at the kitchen table on my LAPTOP actually getting out the thoughts I have spinning around in my head! Sometimes the blog feels like a chore; other times I can't seem to get it all out fast enough. I'm hoping now that I'm portable I'll be a bit more regular about posting. Probably not, but maybe :) Some randomness for today:

-I got up early today & let Jillian torture me. It always feels so good to get that out of the way first thing in the morning - then I don't feel like I'm always trying to catch up (like yesterday - not my most productive).

-A friend of mine shared an article with me first thing this morning, and it really struck a chord - if you've ever questioned why you're doing what you're doing and not appreciating things enough, go here and read this. Carpe Kairos....

-After reading that great article & feeling better about my mom-life, I discovered William didn't have his coat this morning. He'd left it at Tae Kwon Do last night & Matt didn't notice when he picked him up. It was 20 degrees this morning and I sent him to school in a hoodie. 'Cause you know, he'd lost his mid-weight coat somewhere along the way this fall. Should have made him wear Evie's old pink one today, maybe he'd be more careful then, you think?

-While waiting at the off-ramp to head to the grocery store this morning, there was a man standing out in the cold holding a cardboard sign: Please Help - No Job - Rent Due. It was 24 degrees at this point, and I have no idea how long he'd been standing there, but he was still there when I passed again on my way home 2 hours later. I don't know what to think about that. I rarely ever have cash on me, and today was no exception - but of course he wouldn't know that. I feel like I should have helped him - and in fact only one vehicle in the line waiting for the light to change did give him some cash. We have so much and others are obviously struggling - but what happens next month when he still doesn't have a job and has to make rent? Again - I don't know what to think. (get a job? surely there is SOMETHING he could do to earn some money - am I wrong?)
 
-I've become obsessed with books written for Young Adults. This of course started with Twilight, and then the Hunger Games. After plowing through both of those, I picked up this and raced through it and the sequels...


They were good, but not great. Then I picked up this one...
 Ooooh, that was good! I'm reading the sequel now. And then - the best one yet - this one...


I plowed through this one in 2 days, and then read it again; I passed it on to my neighbor and she finished it in a day - I have no idea how. Get it. Read it. Enjoy. The sequel comes out in the fall :)

- And finally - I logged onto Pinterest last night, for the first time since I set up an account. Holy time suck Batman! I could lose days on there. I'm very happy though, I think it's going to be very helpful in distilling where I'm looking to get with the kitchen remodel, as well as conveying that vision to Matt in pictures. It's not always easy to explain what's in your head...especially mine :)
 Follow Me on Pinterest

Comments

  1. Oh my SIL gave me Matched- I just haven't found time to read it yet, so want to.

    And yes, love love Twilight and Hunger Games.

    I always find myself torn about helping people too and I never have cash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think some people who beg for money may use the words on a cardboard to lure people in. Maybe not all and maybe not this gentleman who was enduring the weather but I don't think I've ever given money to a beggar. I have paid for people's meals in drive-thru's tho!

    Ok, I'm also a sucker for YA. Which one do I start with?? I'm almost finished with my current book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the book suggestions. Have you read Karen Marie Moning's Fever Series? Embarassed to admit but I read all five in less than a month but I balanced it out by watching all of Season One of Downton Abbey ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome :) Leave one!

Popular Posts