Thursday, January 19, 2012

Coffee Talk...or random thoughts so far today...

I'm sitting here at the kitchen table on my LAPTOP actually getting out the thoughts I have spinning around in my head! Sometimes the blog feels like a chore; other times I can't seem to get it all out fast enough. I'm hoping now that I'm portable I'll be a bit more regular about posting. Probably not, but maybe :) Some randomness for today:

-I got up early today & let Jillian torture me. It always feels so good to get that out of the way first thing in the morning - then I don't feel like I'm always trying to catch up (like yesterday - not my most productive).

-A friend of mine shared an article with me first thing this morning, and it really struck a chord - if you've ever questioned why you're doing what you're doing and not appreciating things enough, go here and read this. Carpe Kairos....

-After reading that great article & feeling better about my mom-life, I discovered William didn't have his coat this morning. He'd left it at Tae Kwon Do last night & Matt didn't notice when he picked him up. It was 20 degrees this morning and I sent him to school in a hoodie. 'Cause you know, he'd lost his mid-weight coat somewhere along the way this fall. Should have made him wear Evie's old pink one today, maybe he'd be more careful then, you think?

-While waiting at the off-ramp to head to the grocery store this morning, there was a man standing out in the cold holding a cardboard sign: Please Help - No Job - Rent Due. It was 24 degrees at this point, and I have no idea how long he'd been standing there, but he was still there when I passed again on my way home 2 hours later. I don't know what to think about that. I rarely ever have cash on me, and today was no exception - but of course he wouldn't know that. I feel like I should have helped him - and in fact only one vehicle in the line waiting for the light to change did give him some cash. We have so much and others are obviously struggling - but what happens next month when he still doesn't have a job and has to make rent? Again - I don't know what to think. (get a job? surely there is SOMETHING he could do to earn some money - am I wrong?)
 
-I've become obsessed with books written for Young Adults. This of course started with Twilight, and then the Hunger Games. After plowing through both of those, I picked up this and raced through it and the sequels...