Six Things You Need to Know About Me
- I am a TERRIBLE procrastinator about things. Why do now what you can do later? Really, it's awful. I can't even use my kids as an excuse that I'm too busy, because I've always been this way. Cramming for tests, scrambling to write papers for school at the last minute until all hours of the night, doing our taxes, you name it. THIS is why I'm just now getting around to the tag and awards.
- I'm a compulsive reader. That probably doesn't surprise you after I disappeared for a week to read the entire Twilight series (oh how I enjoyed that!). My Mom used to confiscate the flashlight I had stuck to the bottom of my bed frame (remember the flashlights with magnets on them back in the day?). These days I use my Itty Bitty Booklight 2 (love it!), but the end result is the same - I stay up way too late reading. And I read books I love OVER AND OVER again, over time of course. Matt thinks that's weird. I don't care.
- I've had chronic Hives since I was about 20. Oh God, they used to be awful - head to toe, itchy miserable hives. I wanted to die. Over time they got better, went away, and I got off medicine, but we never did figure out what caused them (could be auto-immune.) They flared up again in 2006 but thankfully a Zyrtec a day keeps the itchies away except when I get REALLY run down and tired. I hope none of you ever has to experience THAT misery.
- I love dessert. 90% of the recipes I cut out of magazines are some form of dessert. I hardly ever MAKE dessert, though, because I would end up eating most of it. So whenever we have family/friends over, they get to be my guinea pigs because otherwise I'd never try out all those recipes I've saved up to try. Sometimes that works out better than others! Once these kids are bigger, though, I'm sure I'll be baking more (yay!)
- You don't want to talk to me in the morning before I've had coffee. I might hurt you. A 'good morning' is fine, and I may actually respond, but PLEASE don't expect to have a conversation where I have to do more than grunt in response! We'll all actually be a lot happier if you just pretend I'm not here for a little bit :)
- I have control issues. I'm afraid I'm more like Kate Gosselin than I would ever like to admit. Is THAT where I would have ended up with 8 kids? and a husband who let me walk all over him? Oy. Matt used to watch it with me (back when their kids were 2 or 3 and I actually enjoyed the show) and he'd get so annoyed with her, and all I could think was how much she and I were alike! Thankfully, she's all 'super-star' now and I can't even relate to her a little bit anymore. Phew!
Amber @ aefilkins