|Sarah tossed the football with Aunt Becky!|
|Anna, John and Emma|
|William - not that he needs an introduction :) And doesn't he look older than 7? An old soul in a boy's body...|
|Evie, whittling something|
|William, Evie, Gary and Uncle Steve|
|Jason with Aunt Becky, his new favorite person :)|
|I made Gary stand here with me until I was sure we had a picture that would work :)|
|Evie, Anna, Sarah, and Emma|
|Evie trying to guess a word while Becky is ready to BUZZ Matt...|
|Evie and Steve arguing a point...|
After game time, I stuffed everyone with cookies and appetizers, and by 11:45 everyone was amazingly still awake - even the 3 year olds - and completely stuffed with junk food - what better way to ring out the old? Matt poured everyone either some champagne or sparkling grape juice, and we said 'Hello 2011!!!' right along with everyone in Times Square! Sarah promptly burst into tears - she was so tired, so overwhelmed, and so bewildered by all the noise that I rushed her right upstairs and then we quickly got all the other smaller people off to bed. It was really wonderful having family here again for New Year's Eve - the last few years it's fallen on a weeknight & I know that Matt and I haven't even bothered to stay up for it - last year we took the kids out for Mexican food and a movie- the Princess and the Frog - so it was super nice this year to have a reason to stay up and people to celebrate with - Happy New Year, indeed :)
It wouldn't be the end of the old and the start of the new if we didn't make a list of things we'd like to change, right? So this year I'm going to keep it simple - and hopefully achievable! In 2011 I resolve to:
So that's it! I'd also like to paint the main level of our house this year. My dream of an addition and new kitchen is on hold for the near future, and I'm wanting a change - plus we've run out of the paint we used 6 years ago and with four kids and no touch-up paint, Mama's not a happy camper. Kids love nothing better than to unintentionally destroy your stuff. I've got colors picked out and stuck to the walls, and I'm just trying to decide which room to start in - I'll let you know as soon as I've made a decision :) Happy New Year!!!
- Play with my kids more. I suck at this and they really are getting bigger faster than I can imagine.
- Drink more water. I drink too much coffee not to be drinking enough water, and it'd be nice to be able to take my rings off.
- Get to bed earlier. So I can get up earlier. Not having napping kids is wreaking havoc on my day.
- Let it go. Really. No more obsessing about things that are over and done with.
- Be sensible about eating, exercise, and the frigging scale. I'm 40, and I'm not a model - let alone the Super kind. Does 5 lbs really matter? Not in the grand scheme of things - it's just a pants tighter/pants looser thing. Maybe I'll just wear more skirts this year - they're more comfortable anyway!