Saya the robot teacher

So the Japanese, apparently determined to have a robot in every home by 2015, have unveiled a robotic kindergarten teacher - a multilinguil bot who organize tasks, call roll, and even get angry when students misbehave. I can only imagine what the teachers unions here in the US would have to say about this.

To continue,

"Her inventor Professor Hirohi Kobayashi of Tokyo University has been reported as saying while it isn't hard to build a robot that looks like a human being, it is much more difficult to create software that mimics the human mind.

But he believes that within a few years robots with the physical and mental skills of a two-year old child will be available."

GOOD GOD why on earth would we want THAT? I live with a 2, and a soon to be 2, and let me tell you, I'm looking forward to 3 and up! I can just imagine my house robot pestering me all day long: Miss Jen? Miss Jen. MISS JEN. MISS JEN!!!!! And I don't really see a robot with the mental and physical skills of a 2 year old being all that helpful around the house. Would you let them do your dishes? Sort your laundry? Dust your things you don't want broken?

Creepy. And sad. I'll pass, thank you.

Comments

  1. And why did you do that Mrs Robot?

    I don't know.

    Just what we need more things to make me angry. It can only get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just imagine it too. She dumps the sugar on the floor, eats all the candy in the house, and whines whenever you mention you need to run an errand. Sure, sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creepy and sad is right.
    C'mon people.
    What are we doing?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome :) Leave one!

Popular Posts