Catching up on business - Part 1 - Tag you're it

Ok my bloggy friends, you all have been very busy here and I am WAAAY behind! My life is really getting in the way of my blog (isn't that terrible? but better to neglect you all than the kids, don't want social services ringing my bell.)

Connie at The Young and the Relentless tagged me with a fun list of questions to answer, so here goes:

1. What is your current obsession? I'd probably have to say blogging, although I don't like to think of it as an 'obsession' so much as a 'hobby'. I guess you could say I'm obsessed with what my scale says (the same damn thing every single freaking day no matter what I do!), but that just sounds sad.

2. Which item of clothing do you wear most often? Hmmm, now that the weather's warmer, I'll have to say my Born Fluke sandals - most comfortable things ever, it's like walking on little pillows! I wear them everyday and everywhere and I will be sad when they (my second pair, mind you) are worn out at the end of the summer because I probably won't be able to track down a new pair of the same ones. Now that IS sad.

3. What's for dinner? Tonight we had split pea soup that I had made from the Easter ham and frozen, along with chicken salad on bread for the kids and lettuce for me. Tomorrow's delectable delight is Kraft Mac N Cheese, hot dogs and apples - for the kids anyway, I may have something (anything!) else. That's what dinner's like around here when Hubby's away!

4. What are you listening to? Complete silence! and the air conditioner. and my computer humming.

5. Say something about the one who tagged you. Connie is a wonderful bloggy friend whom I'd love to meet in person one day! I don't know where she finds the time to comment on my scribbles as well as have 3 blogs of her own, but she's really supportive and I love reading her comments & chatting via email!

6. Favorite vacation spots? Every year we take the family to the Outer Banks (usually Duck, this year Corolla) with my sister & her family, and my Dad. Sometimes others join us, sometimes not, but I LOVE getting away with all of them each summer and I'm always sad when we come home. I am also REALLY looking forward to taking the kids to Disney (2 years maybe?) and on a cruise - heck maybe we'll be crazy and leave the kids behind! I've been on a cruise once (7 mos. pregnant) and would love to try it again (not pregnant).

7. What am I reading right now? Texas Fury by Fern Michaels. I've read the first two books in the Texas series, but I'm just struggling to get through this one; usually I can't put a good book down, but this one's putting me to sleep every night.

8. Four words to describe myself. Well controlling would have to be first; then consciensious? modest, and average. Definitely average.

9. Guilty pleasure? Chocolate. Esp. Godiva Truffles. Santa brings them at Christmas in my stocking, and Hubby gets them for Valentine's day. I could eat the whole box at once (ok, maybe not) but I try to limit myself to one a day.

10. First spring thing to do? Did it today, scrubbed the porch furniture down so I can sit and enjoy while the kids frolick in the back yard! At least until Jason falls down or Sarah needs a push on the swing.

11. What do I look forward to? No more diapers, and being able to go on vacation 1) with the kids & not have to worry about naps and 2) without the kids because they are all big enough to not be too much for someone else to be burdened with while we get away. and someday having a kitchen bigger than 8 feet by 10 feet; and a real laundry room.

Now the game states I need to pass these questions on to others whose blogs I admire.

Staci at Playing House
Lisa at One Girlie Girl
Liz at Sugarplum Creations

Ok, I'm completely done in just from this one tag and I need to get to bed, so Catching up on Business Parts 2 and 3 will have to wait for sometime tomorrow (hopefully!).

Comments

  1. How funny! I just hit publish on a scheduled post for tomorrow with this exact tag and I tagged you! Oh well, it was still a good read even if it wasn't from me!

    Good night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! I will do this tag tomorrow! Thanks for thinking of me! We went to Corolla 2 years ago and had GREAT time. Madison was only six months and Anthony had just tirned 2.... We did not hit the beach much, but had a FAB time anyway! I wish we were going! I have not read that Fern Michaels seris.... Off to sleep! Morning will be here too soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing wrong with being controlling. It's the only way anything gets done properly.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have just solidified my need to go the Outer Banks. I think I am the only person who hasa never been.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just had to google *the outer banks* and holy cow! I want to go there! Heck...I think I'd like to live there!

    Thanks for the nice things you said about me....I find the time by being controlling....and organized. Now...If I could just control my weight! LOL!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got around to doing this tag. I loved it! Thanks for thinking of me. I loved all your answers, and am looking forward to a week in Corolla ourselves!!

    xoxo ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved all your answers!

    dinner in our house is much the same if the boyfriend is not home for dinner...Kraft Mac and Cheese (or Kraft Dinner as us crazy Canadians call it)...for the boy...and for me...something much better lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome :) Leave one!

Popular Posts