Hair-rific News :-(

Yesterday I received a letter in the mail from the salon I go to - they regret to inform me that my stylist is no longer there! Eeeeeek! I've been going to her for the last 2-1/2 years and was soooo happy...

You have to understand, I've had basically three people cut my hair since we moved to Virginia 12 years ago. The first was a Vietnamese woman at Haircuttery who barely spoke English - I went to her for almost 5 years; not because I loved her and her haircuts, but because most of the time it was ok and who knew what you'd get with anyone else?

We moved to our current town 6-1/2 years ago, and there was a terrific stylist who had her own shop here. I went to her happily enough, even though it was just her in the shop and she'd always be answering the phone, sometimes was late, had to cancel for personal reasons, etc. The last straw was when I scheduled a trim and pedicure before a party and I got the haircut, but no pedi - her daughter was sick and couldn't do it. Grrrrrr.

So a friend referred me to another salon, and I was placed with Christy - whom I loved! She did such a great job & was so much fun to talk to! and I'm terrified to try anyone else! She's given me her cell phone number a few times in case I needed to get a hold of her for whatever hair-related reason...do I call & find out if she's changed salons? Is it stalking? This is where my introverted personality gets the best of me...

Comments

  1. If she has given you her number, then I would call her.

    My stylist moved about a year ago and she had to smuggle her clients phone numbers out....they wouldn't give them to her. If she had not had my number...I would never had known what happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did hair for a few years and in my opinion one of two things has happened.

    1. She was fired and was not able to grab her client information.

    2. She has moved salons and is still trying to get her new information out.

    If she gave you her number and you were happy with her work I would most definitely give her a cll. Stalking would only be if you Googled her.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Call her. I believe you owe nothing to the salon and everything to a good sylist who is also fun to talk to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the perfect reason to call: potential hair-related disaster by going to someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find my last hair person using Angie's List. Another thought - I like to check out hair at the grocery store. If someone has a great color/cut, I ask the name. They always give it to me. I guess I'm a little too forward!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, this is normal. Your hair stylist is critical. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES call her! She gave you her number, you aren't hiring a PI to track her down. ;) I am the same way... one too many bad experiences at the salon in my lifetime have made me a loyal client to my stylist!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome :) Leave one!

Popular Posts